• Dimensions: 96x19x 31 (LxWxH) in
• Product weight: 100 lbs
• Folds for storage
• Transport wheels
• Pivoting adjustable foot-rests
• Frame: Commercial aircraft grade
• extruded aluminum
• Resistance: 1-16 levels
• Recovery function: press to activate
• heart rate recovery
• Display Panel: 16 columns each
• showing 100m distance, with
• feedback windows
• Feedback: time, 500m split time,
• strokes per minute, total strokes,
• distance, watts, calories, and
• heart rate
• Displayed when not in use: clock,
• alarm, date, and temperature
• Programs: manual, P1-P12, heart
• rate control, race, and user
• Heart rate measurement: built-in
• Max user weight: 330 lbs
• Home Use Warranty: 4 years parts
• Professional Use (up to 8 hours
• use per day): 2 years parts
• Frame: Lifetime
The Professional grade construction and design of the Proteus PAR-5500 is based on stringent European manufacturing regulations for exercise equipment. The design of the PAR-5500 and makes use of both air and magnetic resistance. By combining these 2 resistance systems, you are able to enjoy the “on the water” feeling of the air resistance and the strength & smoothness of the linear magnetic resistance system.
The comfortable ergo-seat has been designed in a unique way, where the seat rollers travel on the underside of the seat rail. This prevents dust and dirt from damaging the seat rail and makes for an exceptional smooth seat glide when rowing. The pivoting foot pedals have 5 adjustable levels which allows you to optimize your position on the rowing machine. The high quality and ergonomic design of the PAR-5500 makes it perfectly suitable for endurance training. During rowing, you can direct the built-in fan towards your body in order to cool you down.
The PAR-5500 has an impressive over-size easy to read “Blue Backlit LCD display panel. The advanced computer has16 levels of electronically controlled resistance as well as 15 preset programs that include; 6 preset, 4 user, 4 heart rate control, race/pacer and 1 watt control programs. During the programs, the computer will automatically increase and decrease the resistance according to the profiles that are displayed on the LCD-display. The 4 USER programs offer the opportunity to create your very own program and to store personal data into the computer’s memory. The 4 heart rate control programs allow you to exercise within the correct target heart rate zone.
"Over 30,000 units of the PAR 5500 have been sold worldwide"